cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 - support for Windows 8.1/2012 R2 available now!

criley
Employee Accredited

Service Pack 2 for Symantec System Recovery (SSR) 2013 will be available soon and, amongst other things, will bring support for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.

I cannot provide an exact date for the release of SP2 at this stage but this thread will be updated with details (release notes etc) when SP2 is available.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

61 REPLIES 61

criley
Employee Accredited

11.0.0 = SSR 2013

11.0.1 = SSR 2013 SP1

11.0.2 = SSR 2013 SP2

This week we are releasing the next version of SSR - 2013 R2.

Hope this helps.

kahml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Chris, what level will the R2 be?

w-d
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

SSR 2013 R2 is 11.1

criley
Employee Accredited

That's correct. Details here:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH225253

gsuburban
Level 3

11.1 is available now:

http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/new-symantec-system-recovery-2013-r2-here

gsuburban
Level 3

Chris,

I installed R2 today and have the same issues as before with the previous versions, with SSR loading/starting after a successful install. Everything works, rec pt brwsr, security, rec disk create.  SSR will not run.

windows 8.1 x64

criley
Employee Accredited

I think you are going to need to open a support case for this issue then.

You say SSR will not run. Can you be more specific please? Any errors etc..?

gsuburban
Level 3

No error this time. When logging into windows (admin priv) user account and the processes start as usual then the SSR spash window appears and just stays there without, I presume, a window appearing asking for a first time back/schedule. When mousing over the splash window, it dissapears and SSR never starts/runs etc.  I can go to the start menu and click on SSR and the same ocucrs, splash screen appears, then nothing continues. All of the other software in the Symantec start menu work just fine.

I had installed Accronis and no issues with it at all, works 100% so I don't understand why SSR has an issue with my OS while Accronis doesn't. 

gsuburban
Level 3

A support case was submitted and nothing happened, see above.

criley
Employee Accredited

It looks as though your support case was closed because your support contract had expired. Is this true?

gsuburban
Level 3

My coments apparently are still being moderated however, I'm a single user who wants to use SSR trialware but it doesn't work. I'm not subscribed or pay any fee's yet since this is a trial offer. 

gsuburban
Level 3

No error this time. When logging into windows (admin priv) user account and the processes start as usual then the SSR spash window appears and just stays there without, I presume, a window appearing asking for a first time back/schedule. When mousing over the splash window, it dissapears and SSR never starts/runs etc.  I can go to the start menu and click on SSR and the same ocucrs, splash screen appears, then nothing continues. All of the other software in the Symantec start menu work just fine.

I had installed Accronis and no issues with it at all, works 100% so I don't understand why SSR has an issue with my OS while Accronis doesn't. 

gsuburban
Level 3

Chris Riley,

What is odd is, why there is a problem with SSR at all. This OS is fairly fresh and no other issues arise with software installs and functionality.  In short, it doesn't work right out the box thus, support needs to be involved?  A little hard to consider or maybe there is a known glitch?

criley
Employee Accredited

I agree, it seems odd. There must be something specific to this machine that is causing an issue.

However, this type of problem typically needs further investigation and is not easy to troubleshoot via these forums.

gsuburban
Level 3

Here comes Windows 10, will Symantec SSR be ready to function 100% when Win 10 hits the market?

criley
Employee Accredited

Too early to say as the release date is not yet available (as far as I know) from Microsoft yet.

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/operating-systems/25290/Windows-10-release-date-price-and-features-all-there-is-to-know-about-Windows-10

unimatter
Level 3

I have the exact same issue on Win7 x64, tried upgrading from 11.0.2, and R2 installs but just won't run.  I tried uninstalling completely and reinstalling, same issues.  If I uninstall R2 and reinstall 11.0.2, it works fine. Highly aggravating.

gsuburban
Level 3

The technical preview copy of Win 10x64 is on their website. Symantec ought to get to work with that and fix all the problems we consumers are having with SSR. I've never experienced any software that installs but won't work in my entire computer career...but leave it to the new "Norton" company to make a mess out of a perfectly good Ghost software we all love(d).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso

unpeujuste
Level 4

Hello,

It seems that it exists a large licence maladministration with Symantec. In 22-jan-15 I bought a new licence and I received the invoice with the Symantec Agreement # N4BKMNEXP. But my SSR won't start: "Impossible to connect to the agent on ... (my name)". I call Symantec for help and I am answered that I am unknowed ! What to do ? Thanks. MR:-)

BJB
Level 5

Greetings.  Just a thought.  I sometimes get that message when SSR tries to start....in my case it has nothing to do with the license.  It is just a message as the bar goes across and it is "trying to connect".

The newer versions are better in this regard.  And if you have backups on a NAS it seems to happen more often.

Anyway, the fix for me (really, I am pretty technical and this works for me every time), is a fresh reboot, and then the bar completes and "SSR connects" and you get to the main menu.

Hope it helps.  You may yet have some kind of license/activation issue, but this is another thought.

BJB