cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 - support for Windows 8.1/2012 R2 available now!

criley
Employee Accredited

Service Pack 2 for Symantec System Recovery (SSR) 2013 will be available soon and, amongst other things, will bring support for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.

I cannot provide an exact date for the release of SP2 at this stage but this thread will be updated with details (release notes etc) when SP2 is available.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

61 REPLIES 61

unpeujuste
Level 4

Thank you BJB. I have deleted my SSR and reinstalled it : now it seems to run fine. The local Symantec representative said me that there is a bug with the licence registration. So Symantec decided to create a universal licence key to face the problem ! Maybe you need it. MR:-)

gsuburban
Level 3

From my recent review on these pages, it sure is obvious Symantec isn't interested in supporting SSR very much based on the very few commentary.  The most recent post by unpeujuste regarding license and the results from his call to Symantec just figures, zero concern once again and he has a license he paid for and the support was still crappy.  That's seems to be the treand with this SSR software. Is that because there isn't enough revenue or profit ? Another reason why many folks continue to use Win 7 and Norton Ghost 15.

The near future will be an experience when Win 10 comes out and the upgrade process from Win 7 and 8.