Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013 to multible NAS

Peter_Marker
Level 3
Partner

Hi

I have a customer that earlier this year were attacked by a "ransomware" virus, that encrypted all data on two Windows 2008 servers.

The customer bought 2xSSR 2013 and 2xSynology NAS. The customer want to backup to NAS 1 one week, remove this from network and backup to NAS 2 one week and so on.

Is this possible if I give both NAS the same IP-address / sharenames ?

Regards

Peter Marker

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

This wont work if you are doing recovery point set (full + incremental) backups as the entire set needs to be in one location. It wont matter if the NAS is using the same IP or sharename.

You could do this using independent (full only) backups - basically have job 1 going to NAS1 and job2 going to NAS2. Of course, you need more disk space doing it this way.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

criley
Employee Accredited

This wont work if you are doing recovery point set (full + incremental) backups as the entire set needs to be in one location. It wont matter if the NAS is using the same IP or sharename.

You could do this using independent (full only) backups - basically have job 1 going to NAS1 and job2 going to NAS2. Of course, you need more disk space doing it this way.

Hope that helps.

Peter_Marker
Level 3
Partner

Hi Chris

Yes - I have configured 2 jobs now. So Thanks

Regards

Peter