cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013R2 automatic recovery fails

JohnKu
Level 3

Hi

I have an issue with SSR2013 R2 respectively with LOR, I can backup computers to network destination, but I’m not able to recover a computer from the SSR console. (It works if I start LOR locally from boot menu)

LightsOut Restore is installed and configured to automatically start network services and use dynamic IP configuration. The package was created with the same settings.

Configure LOR.jpg

If I start the task “recover computer” the computer is shutting down and is starting as expected the recovery environment, starts the network services, is detecting the automatic network configuration and then throws an error. “Info 6c95002c: Cannot complete automatic recovery operation. Please restore recovery point manually”

SSRerror.png

I was able to identify the problem, but was not to solve it so far, the recovery point can’t be found as it is stored on network storage but network is not configured correctly.

If I review the network setting, I can see that the default gateway is wrong, and DHCP is not enabled. Ip Address and Subnet Mask are correct.

SSRNetwork.png

If I switch to automatically IP address, renew IP configuration and delete the wrong default gateway, I can start manually to recover the computer.

That's the behavior when I try to recover from console or locally from SSR.

If I boot locally into the recovery environment from boot menu, network settings are correct.

Anyone an idea what the difference between those two methods to recover computer is and what I have to change to get this working?

So far we uninstalled all the agents from the test clients, completely uninstalled CMS, solutions and SMP from test server and re-installed with a new DB, but still the same.

Best regards,

John

8 REPLIES 8

criley
Employee Accredited

I can look into this for you but it may take some time.

Do you already have a support case open for this issue? What operating system are you attempting to restore?

JohnKu
Level 3

Yes support case is opened,

I tried with Win7 32 bit and 64bit, I tried on Vm's and on Desktops and I tried in a different subnet.

John

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you confirm the case number please?

JohnKu
Level 3

Case Number 08182043

criley
Employee Accredited

OK, thanks.

Let me discuss this with the engineer that is working on the case. One of us will get back to you - hopefully tomorrow.

criley
Employee Accredited

John,

It looks like the engineer that is working on the case is not available today.

In the meantime, could you please share (attach to this forum thread) the following file from the SSR-MS server:

\Program Files\Altiris\Symantec System Recovery Management Solution\Web\SoftwareDelivery\LOR\11.1\INSTALL\SRDConfig.ini

Also, how many client machines have you tried an automatic restore on? If only 1, are you able to test on another machine (just to rule out a possible issue with that 1 machine)?

JohnKu
Level 3

Hi Chris

here the Config, we have tested on 4 different computers

[config]
srdroot = ..
tempdir = 
ddb = 
driveletter = 
srdmenutext = "NIBR System Recovery"
windowsmenutext = "Windows"
bootfoldername = 
adk64Bit = 
adk32Bit = 
timedisplay = 10
autostartpca = true
autostartnetworking = true
srddefaultlanguage = en
srddefaulttimezone = "Dateline Standard Time"
srddefaultkeyboard = 0409:00000409
staticip = false

criley
Employee Accredited

Thanks John.

I will be working with the engineer that owns the case. We can continue working on this via the support case rather than this forum thread. Expect to get an update from us later today.