cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 2013R2 installs fine but doesn't survive a reboot

PeterMac_2
Level 3
Partner

I have upgraded a Windows 7 Pro system from 2013 to 2013R2 to test it out and it seems to install and work just fine until I reboot the system. Once I reboot the system the main service crashes with

In the System log

The Symantec System Recovery service terminated with service-specific error %%-2147221005.

In the application log

Error EC8F1775: An error occurred while starting Symantec System Recovery service.
    Error EC8F1772: The following component is not installed correctly: Symantec.SpnRegistration.
Error EBAB03F1: Following Operating System error occurred while performing requested operation: 'Invalid class string.' (UMI:V-281-3215-6005)

I can repair the software and it works after the next reboot but if I reboot after that it starts failing again.

Found this for an older version

REGSVR32 "<drive:>:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Agent\spnregister.dll" (64 bit and 32 bit versions).

This seems to fix the problem.

2 REPLIES 2

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Thanks for the fix information.

I will request you to create a case so if this really requires a fix it can be taken care.

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Please post the case no , probably I will take care of the ticket once created in case you are in Asian zone, if you are in US zone, will have to hand off the ticket to the respective support tech.