cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR Clients take 24 hours for receiving license

wilkovv
Level 2

We are currently Using Symantec System recovery 2013 with symantec management console 7.1

This server is recently installed on a Windows 2008 R2 64 bit OS.

We are using Sysmantec System Recovery 2013 Management Solution to monitor our backup policy's and licenses.

Here's the problem:
Everything works fine, licenses and backup schedules are pushed to the clients.

However after installing a new client it takes about 24 hours before the license is pushed, we've enabled the client license eand the server license under the configuration policies.

On the clients the symantec management agent has been installed and Symantec System Recovery 2013 has been installed.

I've started the ssr agent and updated the configuration and i have sent a basic inventory. it says the configuraion has been changed.

However no license installed, if i leave the pc alone and wait for about 24 hours then everything works fine.

Anyone who has a solution on how to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

What update intervall have you configured for the altiris agent ?

wilkovv
Level 2

Download new configuration is set to 1 hour

Upload basic inventory every: is set 1 days.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Just to give it a try: Change the basic inventory upload intervall.

wilkovv
Level 2

I've changed the interval to 1 hour, however no results, it still takes arround 24 hours before the licenses and backup policies are deployed to the clients.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

To be honest we notice also a delay for the licenses being applied to the SSR clients through the SSR MS but I actually don't know how long this delay is, because I never cared about. But it must be definetly less then 24 hours.