Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR-MS201110.0.2 Some of Client cannot Install License key From server

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

Hey Everyone,

I have Installed Symantec System Recovery Management Solution 10.0.2

With 20 Manage Clients.15 Clients Installed Licensed With no Problem.. But Other 5 Computer Have problem With Installation...This Computer Go's to Auto Trail Version And now Trail Version Have been Expired...And The Expired Clients Didn't Accept key From Licensing Policy...But I Manually put the key to SSR2011 Clients Interface than thay was Accept the key and Finished Wizard.. But After Restart PC..Again SSR2011 Show Trail Version...

(When I Am Install New Windows, Agent, Plagin And SSR2011 SP2 Eveything Going Fine Accept Same key By SSR2011....)

In Symantec System Recovery Management Solution 2011 10.0.2

Licensing Policy Logs Give me This Error

Error EC8F1C20: Cannot install license. Error EC8F17C8: Invalid serial number: 08Exxxxxxxxxxxxx.

I am Sure my Product Key is Not Expired...

Kindly Pls Help Me to Resolve This Problem...

Best Regards..

Khan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Are this registry keys present on your machine:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67316

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

The clients are all the same version of SSR ? Are the all targeted by the same licencsing policy on the MS ?

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

Dear Sir Here's Snap of License Policy...All Client Same License Policy With Multipule Versions...

thx for Replay

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

But you have only one license policy per version, so one for SSR 10.0.X and one for BESR 9.0.X ?

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

Yes Sir I have only one license policy for two versions,First one 10.0.2.44074 and Second 10.0.0.39952

both are SSR 2011..

(I dont have BESR 9..x)

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

And you see ALL the clients as targets in the license policy ?

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

Here Is Snap of Targeted PC's License Policy .

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

The OS are they all clients or are there also servers ? because your pic shows the the ssr license is of type Desktop. So if you have any servers assigned to this policy, the won't get activated.

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

YES, OKAY,,,Sir now I Get the Point...

Our Company Buy "SYMC PROTECTION SUITE ENTERPRISE EDITION 4.0"

How Can I Get Server License for my Servers Machines....?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I thnk you'd better contact the licensing department, they should be able to help you: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO42310

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

but i am facing some problem in Windows 7 i.e. once its gone to Trial version then it decline to accept license policy as it was given by server.

here's also same scenario,

Targeted PCs Shows in Licensing  Policy.

Agent Installed On Client,

Plugin Installed,

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Are this registry keys present on your machine:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH67316

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

As I am Using Symantec System Recovery 2011 10.0.2

My Symantec Registry Show this Entries................there's not any following key: AK, LO, MLO, O...

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Strange ! The computers in question are Windows 7 clients and have SSR installed and are also listed only in the Desktop license policy in the SSR management solution ? You could try coping the above mentioned registry keys from a working Windows 7 machine to the non working machine and restart the ssr service afterwards.

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

Yes Sir clients OS are Windows 7 and have Agent, SSR Plugin and  SSR 2011 10.0.2 Installed and alsoAdd in the Desktop license policy in SSR management  solution.

As U say,I heaved Copy all above registry keys from an other Windows 7 OS(Export from Registry and Double click in Targeted Pc)  to my target machine and Enter Manually My Desktop License to Startup Wizard Accepted by SSR Finish and Still show Trail Virsion.Than i Restart my Windows And Go to "Regedit" to following path of 10.0 keys folder Added keys was Automatically Removed...... :(

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

This shows that at least there is a connection between the PCs and the Management solution. Somehow the clients don't get or are not targeted by the license policy on the management solution. May I ask you to check this once again ?

Kalaqu_Khan
Level 4

Thank you Sir,

Your Right here's some misunderstanding to resolve this problem..

Thank You Once Again

Best Regards,

Kef Khan