cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR Stalls At Creating Recovery Point

Leeski
Level 3

Hi,

I have 6 Hyper-V guests all running 2008 R2. SSR 2011 is installed on each of them.

Intermittently and on random guests, I have an issue where a backup stalls at 'Creating Recovery Point' at either 5% or 95% and the CPU is spiked up at approx. 45%.

Cancelling never cancels the job and the only way to relieve the CPU load is to restart the SSR service. After restart, I either get a warning that no recovery point exists or I get tick indicating everything is ok (not sure if this is connected to whether the recovery point was 5% or 95% when it stalled).

I am backing up to a physical file share which has an abundance of free space.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Why don't you just backup the Hyper-V Host instead of the individual VM'S ?

--> p. 291 http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC3911

Leeski
Level 3

Thank you for responding.

I would rather backup from within the machines for better granularity options.

I cannot see anything in the event logs. It does actually error, just sticks are 'creating recovery point' (seems to be almost always at 95%) and stays that way with vprosvc.exe stuck up in the 40s.

Any help would be appreciated.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates ?

Leeski
Level 3

Hi Markus

I have been deregistering the dll as advised in the URLs you kindly provided as and when the problem has appeared on various machines.

It seems to be under control now. I guess the better solution would be separate my destinations and I should get around to doing that eventually.

Thanks for your help yes

Regards