cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR for Standalone Backup

aviltauro
Level 4

I have SSR deployed for centralized backup & recovery of Windows systems. I also have a few systems which can not be connected to network, isolated. Can I use SSR to take the image backup locally to a USB/DVD? How do I restore the image?

5 REPLIES 5

criley
Employee Accredited

Yes, you can backup to a locally attached USB drive. The ability to backup directly to DVD is being removed shortly (for legal reasons) so I would not recommend that.

Restores are not affected here - it's the same process regardless of the backup destination being used.

aviltauro
Level 4

So for restore process I still have to use the restroe media and use the backup file from USB disk.

But it's like as if I have to install the backup server software on each PC right? So the system need to have a high spec?

criley
Employee Accredited

So for restore process I still have to use the restroe media and use the backup file from USB disk.

Yes, correct.

But it's like as if I have to install the backup server software on each PC right? So the system need to have a high spec?

Not sure I understand the question. SSR must be installed on each machine you need to backup - is that what you mean?

aviltauro
Level 4

In a centralized setup, I have SSR server software on sentral server and SSR agent software on the each client PC.

But in standalone setup, it's like installing SSR server software on each PC right? In this case each PC need to have high spec hardware?

criley
Employee Accredited

No, you do not need 'high spec hardware'.

The system requirements are listed in the user guide: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC7717