cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR offsite problems

shahar
Level 4

Hi all,

I asked before about this problem, and thought it was solved, but I have it again:

We have 2 computers which run backup jobs via the network (the backup destinations are attached to a remote computer).

The regular backups runs o.k. (at least most of the times), but we have problems with the offsite copy: in one computer it's not performed at all, and in the second one, only 2 out of the 4 partitions are backed up.

We get the following error message:

Error EC8F1F5B: Cannot create offsite copy for job Drive Backup of <backup_name>
Error EC8F1F5D: Cannot create offsite copy <backup_file_name>
Error E7D1001E: Unable to read from file.
Error EBAB03F1: Following Operating System error occurred while performing requested operation: 'The specified network name is no longer available.'
Error EBAB03F1: Following Operating System error occurred while performing requested operation: 'Unspecified error.' (UMI:V-281-3215-8027)

Details:
Source: Symantec System Recovery

I don't think this problem has anything to do with the firewall or the anti-virus, since it occures even when I turned them off. I tried to google it, but just got confused.

Anyone has an idea ?

Thank you

25 REPLIES 25

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Puh, do be honest no. Can you open a support ticket for this issue?

shahar
Level 4

Can you tell me what's the link for opening a support ticket ?  I don't find it.

Thank you.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

https://mysupport.symantec.com

shahar
Level 4

Thank you.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Did the support case help to solve this issue?

shahar
Level 4

Hi Markus,

Thank you for your post.

I was in a vacation. I'll contact the support next monday and update you.

Thank you,

Shahar