cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR to removable media on remote server

H2OMike
Not applicable

I have a domain controller that is using SSR 2010 and backing up to another server acting as a storage server. I have eSATA removable hard drives attached to this server. I tried using the offsite copy feature but it appeared that the backup would take place and then the offsite copy would follow. This took twice as long to backup. I am backing up about 300GB of data across a 100Mbps link. (trying to get the money approved for a new switch). This would take too long to complete. I then decided to backup to the storage server and use a robocopy script to copy the recovery points to the removable hard drives. I have 5 weekly drives that I rotate.

I do not think this is the correct way to set this up because I attempted a test restore using the recovery point on one of the removable drives and it could not recognize the recovery point. Please help!!! All of my servers are working good right now but I do not feel good about my offiste backup. I can restore from the previous recovery point as it is stored on the storage server but would like to incorporate an offiste solutions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I do not think this is the correct way to set this up because I attempted a test restore using the recovery point on one of the removable drives and it could not recognize the recovery point. Please help!!

When you say it does not recognize the recovery point, does it recognize the drive itself? If so, when restoring an offsite recovery point, browse to the file to be restored. To do this, select 'filename' from the drop down, then browse to the recovery point location for the .V2i file. If not, perhaps the eSATA controller driver needs to be loaded.