cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR2011 Backup History

Linas
Level 6

Why does Backup History not update?

I am testing SSR2011MS with my workstation and found Backup history not updated?

On the management solution I have a job backup all drives scheduled to run and it failed on the 4th drive to backup

So I manually ran the job from the client and it finished successfully but it seems the client doesn’t know this

It shows pc attention needed “A backup has been defined for (E:\) but has not been run for more than 30 days.”

I can see on the server in the storage location ware the backups are the manually run job finished 3 days ago along with all the other drives

So why is the client still listed at risk?

I tried to recover drive and found those backup’s are not listed so I manually put in the file name and got this strange message “Following backups were captured when your machine was under high load. \\atlas...\Atlas-mis12win7_E_Drive006.v2i It should recover normally. but you may wish to optimize your backup schedual to facilitate VSS quiescing.”

So the backups are valid just not included in history?

12 REPLIES 12

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Never seen this message before, really strange.

Linas
Level 6

The Scheduled backup worked as scheduled and history is updated for this job

Still the manual jobs info is not updated

Do manual jobs get entered in job history or not?

Can some one try this?

Run a backup job manually then on the client in the Symantec System Recovery 2011

Go to Advanced tab and look in Backup History

Does the manually run backup job show up here?

Mine does not?

Linas
Level 6

will manual jobs show up?

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Did you check after restrating the SSR 2011 and Symantec Management Agent Service on the Cleint Machine?

Simply restarting the service should update the history, else, let me know I will try to reproduce as this was an issue in 2010

Linas
Level 6

My boss out of town for a couple of days and I needed to update her computer

I wanted to back up before I update

But backup wouldn’t finish

After 3 days of trying I decided to do a manual “One Time Backup”

And it completed and shows up in status

So now I can update the PC

In above post I was asking if a manually run Managed Backup when it completes will it show up in status?

I still did not get an answer?

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

It should show even when a manual one time backup was done through BESR - MS / SSR MS

If not simply restart the BESR and/ Symantec Management Agent Service on the Client Machine that was backed up.

Let me know if that didn't help and I will investigate further

criley
Employee Accredited

Correct me if I'm wrong but Linas is referring to the backup status on the client side, not on the management server. Right?

Linas
Level 6

Yes I was looking at the client

The management console shows the same info it was quicker to go to the client and check

criley
Employee Accredited

I'll look into this to see if I can reproduce this here.

criley
Employee Accredited

I could not reproduce this here - it worked fine for me.

SSR-MS 2011

SSR 2011

Created new backup on management server and let it run. Then ran it manually from the client machine. Both backups appear in the Calendar view in the Status section on the client machine.

Am I missing something?

Linas
Level 6

It seems all my win7 managed clients on there consoles they do not see any future backup jobs

Linas
Level 6

Support confirmed this was an issue only with Windows7

SP1 fixed the issue

After working with support

Uninstalling and reinstalling setting up an independent client setting up a schedule backing up and then managing the client after SP1 update

The scheduling is working correctly now

If this is a known issue why spend weeks troubleshooting the issue Uninstalling installing reconfiguring and confirming the issue and installing the patch

Its very hard finding 4 to 12 hours per install troubleshooting problems with this product

With 450 clients to go I am not sure its worth it