cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR2011 Cannot see C drive

jrstech
Level 2

Unable to creat backup job in SSR 2011 no C drive recognized. C Drive shows up in Windows disk management console in WIn 7. "Index out of range" error when attempting to to backup documents. Very frustrating.

3 REPLIES 3

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You can run a SEAST gather by following the steps outline here: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH54539 then check the VProConsole.log.txt to see a specific error can be seen, PARTINFO.TXT file to see if there are partitions errors for the C drive. A little more complicated log to review is SMEDUMP.  If this Windows 7 client use to work with SSR 2011, while the SSR services are off, try removing the *.PQJ & *.PQH files (i.e. Its backup job schedule and history), restart SSR services, and try launching the console again to see if it can enumerate the C drive this time.

-Dave 

jrstech
Level 2

I was able to resolve this issue by changing the status of the partition to "active" using Easeus partion utility. The odd thing is that the system booted fine without status being active. I did also resize the partition numerous times to no avail. All ends well though, thanks.

James_You
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi

confime C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Utility\partinfo.exe -all -out > c:\partinfo.txt

check the warning messages

If so, there is bad information in the partition table.

WARNING: Partition above extends beyond end of disk
WARNING: Partition above overlaps with primary partition
WARNING: Invalid Begin CHS values in partition above
WARNING: Begin CHS does not match start sector LBA in partition above.

To attempt to solve this issue, perform the following steps:

If running Windows Vista/7/2008 or later, open the Windows Disk Management console. Right-mouse click on the affected volume and choose Shrink Volume... Resize the volume smaller by a few MB.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH68773