cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR2011 - can't configure backup- error = E1AD3212: You do not have sufficient privileges to perform this operation.

Joemt
Level 4

I installed SSR2011 on server 2008 (R) SP2. The SSR installed fine . When I click on the icon to configure the backup I get this message. I am logged in as the administrator and the administrator is listed in the security configurator.  I have: uninstalled and installed, ensured 3.5 netframe is installed (included 2.0).

ERROR = E1AD3212: You do not have sufficient privileges to perform this operation. See help for more information about security settings.

Where do I go from here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bigsky
Level 3

Here is what I found. This error occurred because the "event service" was not running (Symantec is dependant on this service)  and I could not start that service once I discovered this (you have no idea what I've gone thru to just figure out a way to view the services). This server was locked down by an individual who sold it to this customer (a long story of fraud) and he has changed many permission settings as he hide what this server actual was.  So we have inherited a basket case to a degree.

Thank you to everyone.  How DO I mark this Solved??????????

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Try stopping the ssr service, then run fixinstall.bat, then start the ssr service again.

if this doesn't work out try to run a repair of ssr.

Amrit_Alok
Level 4
Manually register SPNREGISTER.DLL using the following command:

REGSVR32  "<drive>:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Agent\spnregister.dll"

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

This may help : http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH127713 

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you been able to sort out this issue ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So please mark this post as solved.

Bigsky
Level 3

Here is what I found. This error occurred because the "event service" was not running (Symantec is dependant on this service)  and I could not start that service once I discovered this (you have no idea what I've gone thru to just figure out a way to view the services). This server was locked down by an individual who sold it to this customer (a long story of fraud) and he has changed many permission settings as he hide what this server actual was.  So we have inherited a basket case to a degree.

Thank you to everyone.  How DO I mark this Solved??????????

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

There is "Mark as solution" in left lower corner of your post.