Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR2011

Roy_M
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

Im having many problems with SSR2011 when restoring a Server.

I did my backup and all went fine, by the time I try to restore on dissimilar hardware it keeps giving different errors.

For example, first time I restored it after reboot I would just hang on a black screen with a blinking cursor. 

Changed active partitions once more and worked after rebooting the system was up and running.

Later on, because of problems with the RAID I had to erase everything on the disk, tried to restore once again and when the restoring process ended It returned error:

Error: "Error E0BB0061: Win32/Win64 API 

After rebooting the same problem, the computer hangs on the black screen. Already tried changing the partitions like I did before using DISKPART but this time it simply wont work

Any ideas?

Regards, 

Roy M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roy_M
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Ok, in case someone else has this kind of problem here's the solution:

We had this problem on a old HP ML115 G5, the root cause was the disk array made by the built-in utility.

As part of my troubleshoot I mounted the same backup on VMware workstation 8 and a Dell R410 on both it work at first try, so I decided to look for any possible failures made by the HP server.

then changed the HDDs and the array from mirror to strip.

Used SRD and recovered the server, same error came up at the end of the restoring process but this time the secondary disk was the one with mounting errors.

Rebooted the server, once inside win2003 updated all drivers and some that were missing (included the NVidia disk controller) which is odd because I installed it when the recovery process asked for it, For some strange reason it took the driver but didn´t make the HW work.

Rebooted once again, and the system was fully functional.

Never had this kind of problem in the past luckily got solved in the end.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Roy_M
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Ok, in case someone else has this kind of problem here's the solution:

We had this problem on a old HP ML115 G5, the root cause was the disk array made by the built-in utility.

As part of my troubleshoot I mounted the same backup on VMware workstation 8 and a Dell R410 on both it work at first try, so I decided to look for any possible failures made by the HP server.

then changed the HDDs and the array from mirror to strip.

Used SRD and recovered the server, same error came up at the end of the restoring process but this time the secondary disk was the one with mounting errors.

Rebooted the server, once inside win2003 updated all drivers and some that were missing (included the NVidia disk controller) which is odd because I installed it when the recovery process asked for it, For some strange reason it took the driver but didn´t make the HW work.

Rebooted once again, and the system was fully functional.

Never had this kind of problem in the past luckily got solved in the end.

chris2per18
Level 2

Hi All,

I'am having problem with the SSR2001, after i fully backup the drive C: with active directory (system state included) and restore this to dissimilar server type machine and no error found upon the restoration. After done with the restoration on dissimilar machine i used of course the existing domain administrator for login but here's a message "

“The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship”

Please send out any support here on how to resolve this..thanks a lot..

Regards..

topher

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee

Hi,

Please refer to the article about How-to backup and restore active directory domain controller at http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/symantec-system-recovery-2011-protecting-active-directory-d....

-Thanks,

Pravin