cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SSR2013] how to specify backup destination on network

aetan
Level 3

Using Symantec System Recovery 2013 on Linux.

Trying to backup to shared folder on network storage.

How can I specify the network storage as destination?

I typed as below. assuming network storage is 192.168.1.1

symsr -b /dev/sda1 -d \\192.168.1.1\temp\system000.v2i

"Showing 100% finished" was output though, no file copied there.

How should I specify the network storage as destination

2 REPLIES 2

criley
Employee Accredited

You need to mount your network share in Linux, then specify that mount point as your backup destination.

Hope that helps.

Ananya_Bhattach
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello,

Please run the below mentioned syntax to get the basic information:

less /etc/redhat-release

cat /etc/redhat-release

cat /proc/version and  uname -a

Note: The file /etc/redhat-release contains a human readable text version of the release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux installed on a system

Reason to run the above syntax is to get the basic detailed information regarding OS which Linux version is being used here.

The syntax used here is correct. As already confirmed by you that even at the end of the backups you got successful information however unable to detect the raw images.

Therefore, I would suggest please attach an external disk to the actual server and then use the same syntax (in place of network path please redirect it towards your external disk , viz , symsr -b, -backup <device>)

Reason for this is to understand if the product itself is working fine. If you see that backups are working and images are getting created at the external disk end then we can work with network destination which will be network troubleshooting, shared folder permission etc