cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Time in registry?

Polarlys
Level 2

We have a database for all our server-data for each windows server that we run here. There we have a manually filled field with the scheduled backup-time for each server.

So I recently noticed that this data sometimes is not correct. At the moment the only way to find out this is to logon to the sever an see how the backup is schedule at the GUI.

Is there any registry key(s) that provides this data? I found the *.pqj-Files at the folder "C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Backup Exec System Recovery\Schedule" which provides this information, but it is not so easy to pick out the information out of this file. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I als dont find this information in the registry. I've wrote a perl script that parses the PQJ file and extracts the information i'm interestet in.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

NO it is only stored in the files.

sunnyc_up
Level 4

could you plz tell me that how you compares the information that it is wrong ?

why are you find scheduling information from registry ?

Have you reviewed the Backup Schedules ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I als dont find this information in the registry. I've wrote a perl script that parses the PQJ file and extracts the information i'm interestet in.

Polarlys
Level 2

Thanks for your answers.

@sunnyc:

At our server-database, with informations about our servers, the information about schedule times for BESR is managed manually. for this I can not besure if it is correct, or if the server is configured in the way that is written there. I found out about missconfigured servers by fluke in this case. So this was the reason for me to think about how to compare database and server.

@Markus

We normally do not use perl for our windows servers. As I have worked as a Unix-Admin before, I know perl and I think parsing the file in this way will be my solution then. I hoped that there is an easier way like a registry-key ;)