cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduler Bug, watch out for it

RBall
Level 5
I discovered a bug in the scheduler in BESRM8, watch out for it.

FYI, Case # 320-095-430 has been opened...

On my BESRM (I can only assume they all do the same) go to a backup job, Right click then click Change Schedule. Now click on the Custom button near Start a new recovery point set (base).  In my installation the Start time will always change to the current system time.  If you click Cancel, come back later and check, it'll be the system time again.

Here is the real problem... I Edited my backup job for serveral servers and unchecked "Enable search engine support..." since it has problems of its own. I then clicked through and clicked Finished.  This morning I noted that none of the jobs I edited created a new set point, the other servers did. On further investigation I found by looking at the job properties that the new setpoint creation times no longer matched my spreadsheet... they were all around 9 to 10AM in the morning as of last Tuesday when I edited the jobs to disable search engine support.

So it actually didn't change the time the new set point will run, it changed it and disabled it so it doesn't run.

/RB

1 REPLY 1

Rich_L
Level 6
Employee
RBall,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  The case referenced has been assigned and is being reviewed.  Issue duplication is in the process.

RichL