Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seek Error but recovering to Virtual!!

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Hi All,

I am recovering an image of a server to a VM and it fails right at the end with:
Error EA39002E: Seek Error.
I looked for this online and found two technotes in relation to this issue with 6.x but I am using ver 8.5
Also I am recovering to Virtual so the driver shouldn't be an issue.
The difference between this technote (http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/293205.htm) and my issue is that I am not being prompted for the drivers!

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Gilly
4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited
What exactly are you restoring? How many volumes for example? Have you tried just restoring volumes one-by-one to see if there is a problem with one of the recovery points? Can you mount and/or verify these recovery points using the recovery point browser?

Another thing to test is restoring the volumes within Windows to see if this works. I suspect you might have a problem with the recovery point itself.

Hope this helps.

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner

Hi Chris,

The phsyical server has three volumes but I only took an image of the system drive and was going to restore the data drives using backup exec.

Server is Win2k3.

I ran the verification process on the recovery point on the clients site but will run it again on my side.

I find it odd that this error should appear?!

Thanks,

Gilly

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Hi Chris,

Ran verification on the Recovery Point and was able to mount it successfully!
I cannot understand why this particular server is giving trouble.
I have recovered this server in the past with earlier versions of BESR and recovered a number of other servers for this client using BESR 8.5.

Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Gilly

criley
Employee Accredited
Have you considered trying with the BESR 2010 SRD? You can download it here:

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=88724

If this does not work, why not do a conversion to VMDK/VHD instead of doing a restore..?