cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Servers with 2010 installed show up in Management solution as uninstalled

rhino7961
Level 4

I have several servers with Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 that were installed through the Management console.  They show up on the list of computers in the Management console but the status of the system is Not Installed.   All of the services on the affected systems are all up and running. Altiris looks fine Backup Exec System Recovery Services look fine.  The Altiris Agent communicates with the console but the console will still not see Symantec 2010 BESR as installed.   Is there a remedy to this?

12 REPLIES 12

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you also deployed the BESR Plugin ?

rhino7961
Level 4

Yes I have deployed the BESR Plugin  :(

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, so you say the communication is going well. This means if you change a backup policy or something like this, the change is reflected on the client ? Really odd. The only thing I could think of is reinstalling the BESR Client and afterwards restarting the AexNSClient services.

criley
Employee Accredited

Have a look under Manage Tasks/Computers/Alerts and Failures/

- do the machines get listed under 'Plug-in Not Installed' or 'Backup Exec System Recovery Not Installed'?

rhino7961
Level 4

Markus,  I have thought of the reinstall.     Chris,  I see nothing under Plug-in Not Installed but the servers in question show up under Backup Exec System Recovery Not Installed although it's lying. It is installed   ...........Argh!!

criley
Employee Accredited

So, can you create a backup policy and assign this to one of these client machines to see if this works?

Also, I assume you have some clients that show up with the correct status? If yes, is there anything different between the working vs non-working clients?

Finally, are the clients running BESR 9.0.0 (2010) or 9.0.1 (2010 SP1)? Check in Help/About in the GUI.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you checked the local Altiris Agent what Plug-ins are installed ?

rhino7961
Level 4

I am running the latest versions of BESR and 2010 I can schedule a backup agains the altiris agent and it runs but nothing happens.   I have had one success by reinstalling so I'll try that but wish I didn't have to.

rhino7961
Level 4

rhino7961
Level 4

A re-install of the product fixed three of the four that I was having problems with.  The fourth one has a different problem.  The SymSnapService will not start.   I'll have to open a support case for this one.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Did you re-install the BESR client or what ?

rhino7961
Level 4

I've discovered another fun little trick to make servers show up in the Management Console.

If you haven't already install the Full BESR 2010 Client on the same server as the Management Console.

Launch The GUI and from the Computers Tab Add a connection to the server that will not show up in the Mangement Console.  You can then disconnect and go back into your management console and will magically appear as installed.