cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SreEula.exe - System Error when booting 2013 R2 SRD

mikegrills
Level 3

Hi all.

I have had a support ticket open on this now for almost two weeks, with no luck.

I have 2 issues.

Dell Poweredge T420.  Intel Xeon E5-2450 2.1.  16GB RAM.    Windows Server 2012 R2 Std.   System Recover 2013 R2 w/ current MS ADK installed.  

All Windows updates installed, and Live update ran.

1.  When trying to create a "Typical" SRD, I am only offered "German" as a language selection. 

2.  More imporant issue:    I cannot boot the Advanced 64-bit SRD after seemingly successfully creating it in English.   Booting starts out fine.  Blue Windows logo...white spinning in process icon.  I get the symantec boxes for loading drivers, checking system requirements, network confguration, but then I get an error box titled:  "SreEula.exe - System Error" .  The message is: "The program can't start because oledlg.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".  I have tried repairing, uninstallling and re-installing the software multiple times, but always get the same error. 

I haven't gotten anywhere with tech support.

Anyone with any ideas??

Thanks

Mike

60 REPLIES 60

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

It looks like you have run into the known issue described here   http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH227408

Contact Technical Support to get the hotfix that will provide the fix. 

Thanks

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Mike ,

Both issue 1 and 2 seem to have fix for the issue

However, for issue 1 we already have a fix and for issue 2 an investigation is running and the fix may be released in SP2 

I will request you to refer the article provided by Imosla and open a support ticket, ask them to escalate the ticket and you should be provided a fix.

You can also open the ticket and provide me  the ticket number and I can provide you the fix for issue 1 in case you work in Australian , EMEA hours. If it is US it will be taken care by a different tech. 

mikegrills
Level 3

Hello TRaj.   I have been working with Tech support.  The their last attempt with did not reolve issue 1.    I am probably part of the investigation for issue 2 as I opened this ticket in March. Case xxxxxxx. (case number removed by admin)

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Mike -

Thank you for your post. I'll look into the status of your case and see what can be done. We likely have a resolution for the language issues, but may need to continue to investigate the SreEula error. You'll here from the technician with further instructions. 

mikegrills
Level 3

I did see this today:

2013R2-SP2

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH229076

mikegrills
Level 3

Honestly I can't deal with 2013-R2-SP2 any longer.   I've done everything asked by tech support for nearly 3 weeks and at some point one just has to get started on their projects.   Hopefully I can downgrade to 2013 and go about my business.  

I have applied patches. I have burned through a ton of DVDs trying different permutations of the recovery disk creation.   I have uninstalled and re-installed the product from the ground up using the SP2 install.  As a user of this product since version 8.5, I can say that 2013 R2-Sp2 is not a ready product.

zchandran
Level 3

Has there been any progress on this SreEula.exe error? Both my 32 bit and 64 bit recovery disks just stop with that error.

criley
Employee Accredited

What version of SSR are you using the create your recovery disks? Check in Help/About for version information.

Can you provide a screenshot of the error please.

zchandran
Level 3

I am using the Symantec Recovery Disk Creator. SSR version is 11.1.0.53728. I am unable to create a Typical SRD - program tells me "Not Available when running in Symantec System Recovery Management Solution mode" (below). I don't know how to run it in any mode besides that.

typical_unavailable.png

The error when booting off the disk is below. Whenever I create an advanced disk and try it on any machine, I get that. I've tried this on two different model desktops as well as a laptop, and it's the same error.

sreeula.PNG

A typical SRD should be enough for what I'm doing, but I haven't found a way to enable that option.

criley
Employee Accredited

SSR version is 11.1.0.53728.

That is 2013 R2 with no service pack. I would recommend that you update to the latest service pack (SP2), then create a new SRD. Let me know if this helps.

sam75sam
Level 4

Hello, I have the same problem. Moreover, I have the last version of SSR 11.1.2.54477.

Regards.

criley
Employee Accredited

So you are seeing the same error when booting a recovery disk that was created using 11.1.2?

If so, do you have a support case open for this issue?

sam75sam
Level 4

Yes for your first question. I use SSR 2013 R2 SP2 Managemenent Solution and creating of the srd is well 11.1.2

No. I didn't open a case

criley
Employee Accredited

I cannot reproduce this when creating the SRD using the Management Solution.

What operating system are you creating the SRD on (i.e. what OS is the Management Solution installed on)?

zchandran
Level 3

I upgraded, and still the same error message ...

I first upgraded SSR to SP2:

pic1.png

Then I downloaded a new LightsOut Restore Creator Utility, upgrading that from 11.1.0.53728 to 11.1.2.54477. I am still getting the "oledlg.dll is missing" error mesage, on both 32 and 46 bit CD's.

I am also still getting this message from Creator Utility that I am unable to create a typical disk:

pic2.png

What mode am I supposed to be running in to create typical disks??

sam75sam
Level 4

Hi,

SSR 2013 R2 SP2 MS is installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition SP1. It's a physical machine and not a virtual.

I use the last version of SSR MS product for creating SRD.

Regards

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you please provide the following log file:

\ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Logs\SRDCreatorUI.log

zchandran
Level 3

Chris,

Here's my log file for comparison. I last created my SRD disks on Friday. Am I better off opening a ticket with support? I'm only posting here because the others in this thread seem to have the same problem that I do.

mikegrills
Level 3

zchzndran,

I have been monitoring this thread since I started it.  Hard to believe this is still an issue.   Good luck.... and if this finally gets resolved, please please post the solution.