cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SreEula.exe - System Error when booting 2013 R2 SRD

mikegrills
Level 3

Hi all.

I have had a support ticket open on this now for almost two weeks, with no luck.

I have 2 issues.

Dell Poweredge T420.  Intel Xeon E5-2450 2.1.  16GB RAM.    Windows Server 2012 R2 Std.   System Recover 2013 R2 w/ current MS ADK installed.  

All Windows updates installed, and Live update ran.

1.  When trying to create a "Typical" SRD, I am only offered "German" as a language selection. 

2.  More imporant issue:    I cannot boot the Advanced 64-bit SRD after seemingly successfully creating it in English.   Booting starts out fine.  Blue Windows logo...white spinning in process icon.  I get the symantec boxes for loading drivers, checking system requirements, network confguration, but then I get an error box titled:  "SreEula.exe - System Error" .  The message is: "The program can't start because oledlg.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".  I have tried repairing, uninstallling and re-installing the software multiple times, but always get the same error. 

I haven't gotten anywhere with tech support.

Anyone with any ideas??

Thanks

Mike

60 REPLIES 60

criley
Employee Accredited

I'm looking into this but, yes, please go ahead and open a support case for this (please confirm the case number once you have it).

Thanks.

zchandran
Level 3

Mike,

I'll open a support case, and post my results here. I am not sure what else I can do beyond a full reinstall, and that would require quite a bit of work.

sam75sam
Level 4

Hi Chris,

My log on \ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Logs\SRDCreatorUI.log is joined

Regards

criley
Employee Accredited

sam75sam,

Can you open a support case please? If yes, please provide the case number.

I've tested this and cannot reproduce the error here. This needs further investigation.

criley
Employee Accredited

For those affected by this problem, what locale/language are your servers (where you are creating the SRD) configured with? French?

zchandran
Level 3

Our server is English(US), no other languages in use.

zchandran
Level 3

I have technical support case 09053678 open for this.

claude_wong
Level 3

I also got error message

"The program can't start because oledlg.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

When I boot from Recovery CD (which is burned from ISO file created by SSR 2013 R2)

Is this a bug?

ISO file created by SSR 2013 R2 missing some files?

I think it is not acceptable......

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you creating the SRD using the SSR Management Solution (SSR-MS)?

It does appear as though it could be a 'bug' but we currently don't have enough information to figure out what is causing it. This is something that I'm working on.

Do you have a support case open?

criley
Employee Accredited

Could someone please provide the following log from the server that is being used to create the SRD:

\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

zchandran
Level 3

I've attached my dism.log from the server I've been using to create the recovery disks.

Support asked me to try creating them from a different machine. I did that, but still the same error.

I am still unable to create typical disks to see if those work. The option is not available due to "Not available when running in Symantec System Recovery Management Solution mode". I am unable to find anything in the documentation about what that means.

criley
Employee Accredited

Thanks for the log. There are a lot of errors in there.

Please take a read of the following which we think may help:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/joscon/archive/2012/09/30/3522632.aspx?pi47623=7

You will need to run (command prompt run as admin) the following commands:

DISM /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

then

DISM /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

then

DISM /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

The final command will actually fix any corruption (if it exists). The first two are just to check the current state so it will be interesting to see what those first 2 commands return.

It's probably best to reboot the machine after running the final command. Then create a new SRD and test it.

Let me know if you have any questions on this.

EDIT: The above commands only apply to the newer versions of Windows. For older versions (2008 R2 etc), there is a hotfix that does the repair for you. Refer to:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/947821?wa=wsignin1.0

claude_wong
Level 3

I create SRD from

Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 > Tasks > Create New Recovery Disk...

I cannot open support case, please refer to attached screen capture.

After I click "I still need help!", no response

I have tried on my office desktop, office notebook, my home desktop, result is the same.

Is possible there is some problem with my Symantec account?

criley
Employee Accredited

What browser are you using? Can you try a different browser to see if it helps?

If you are still having problems, you will need to contact our customer care team ('Customer Support' - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/contact-us.html).

claude_wong
Level 3

I  have tried on IE9, IE11 and Google Chrome.

I will try it again if problem still exist I will contact customer care team, thanks.

sam75sam
Level 4

Hi,

I had the same problem.

Instead of use produt version 2013.R2.2, use 2013.R2.

Then, specify in your desciption on your case that you use the 2013.R2.2 produt version.

claude_wong
Level 3

I select 2013.R2, it works!!!!

Thanks a lot, I can create now.

claude_wong
Level 3

Yes, case opened.

Case number: 09074681

claude_wong
Level 3

Hi, here is the DISM log.

Thanks

criley
Employee Accredited

Claude,

Please try this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/947821

Once you have done this, try creating a new SRD.