cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange log events with the "Distribute strategy randomly accross:" feature enabled (Solved)

Stefan_Davidov
Level 3
Greetings to all

I am an evaluator using Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Desktop Edition. I  have created a Backup policy which makes a baseline snapshot every new week and an incremental every day starting at 9:00. To minimize network load and not cause any DoS conditions inside the domain I have used the "Distribute strategy evenly accross: 60 mins." feature.
Snapshots are being created but I am getting a strange output in the Log:

Log.JPG

I don't use ThreatCon or any other event triggers. Why does BESR 2010 create so many incrementals for one day and why are they all in one hour?!  Is it linked to the "Distribute strategy evenly accross: 60 mins." feature?

Here is a list of the files created on the network share I specified:

Share.JPG

You can see all the incrementals created between 9:00 and 10:00 on 04.12.2009. Is there an explanation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited
This should not be caused by the 'Distribute strategy evenly accross' option.

It sound as though you have the 'run more than once per day' option enabled. Check this on the schedule tab.

***Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s)***

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

criley
Employee Accredited
This should not be caused by the 'Distribute strategy evenly accross' option.

It sound as though you have the 'run more than once per day' option enabled. Check this on the schedule tab.

***Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question(s)***