Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for Windows 2008 Foundation Edition

dms1973
Level 2
Partner
Hi,

I have some questions please:

1.  Can BESR 2010 be installed on a Win2k8 Foundation server and is this supported by Symantec?
2.  If it is not supported, is there another Symantec backup product that is recommended?
3.  If it is supported, what is the position regarding being able to convert the server into a VM for DR purposes, as I believe the licensing of Foundation server does not allow it to be run within a VM?

Many thanks,
Dave
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited
The SCL is updated periodically so support for this may come at a later date.

I'm sure there are other products that do support this OS but it really depends on your requirements as to what product you decide to choose. Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows supports it so that might be your best option.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited
It's not listed on the SCL which means it is not supported:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_System_Recovery_Server_Edition/336534.pdf

It *may* work but if you run into problems, there will be limited support available to you.

*** Please mark thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your question ***

dms1973
Level 2
Partner
Thanks Chris,
Yes, I checked this before I posted, just wondered if the SCL was maybe's posted before Foundation edition was released.  Never mind.
Is there other Symantec backup products that do support Foundation edition?
Thanks,
Dave

criley
Employee Accredited
The SCL is updated periodically so support for this may come at a later date.

I'm sure there are other products that do support this OS but it really depends on your requirements as to what product you decide to choose. Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows supports it so that might be your best option.

dms1973
Level 2
Partner
Thanks Chris.