cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sym System Recovery 2011 - a problem with product activation

shobul
Level 2

Hi,

I use the Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 (it is included in Symantec Protection Suite Small Business Edition 3.0). Today, I have tried to upgrade to Symantec System Recovery 2011. It was successful, but there is a problem with actiovation: "Cannot activate this product using key xx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx. The license key is not valid. Please enter the correct license key." Used license key works ferfectly in BESR 2010.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Lubos

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You need to upgrade the licences and get new keys for SSR2011.

shobul
Level 2

Thanks for your response, but I don't know, how/what I upgrade licences. We paid the subscription for 1 year, so I hope, all new products version would be cover by this subscription (or not?).

Lubos

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Try to enter your contract information at licensing.symantec.com, afaik you can upgrade the licenses there.

criley
Employee Accredited

If the above does not help, you will need to speak to our customer care team:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_information.jsp

Licenses for BESR 2010 will not work with SSR 2011.

Mjahtetn
Level 6

Hello,

Are you trying to install the license key on a server?

If yes, then indeed you will get an invalid license key error. Protection Suite Enterprise Edition 3.0 is a bundled product that only includes the license for SSR 2011 Desktop.

In addition to that, the license key for SSR 2011 is unique and different from BESR 2010. As of the moment, license key is not forwards nor backwards compatible.

Thanks

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Does your isse still exist ?