cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 8.5 + Exchange 2007 + SQL 2000?

vainkop
Level 2
    Hi. First of all,sorry for my bad english :)
    I’m trying to configure Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 8.5 for the first time. We have a Dell PowerEdge 2950 server with Windows 2008 x64 + Exchange 2007 + all latest service packs & updates. When I create a task to backup all the disks of this server in Advanced Options I put a tick on Perform full VSS backup. How exactly should be the Exchange server configured so it would be successfully backed up? Which functions should be enabled & which disabled? These questions arose, because I’m not sure that after the crash, everything will be correctly restored and the exchange storage groups will correctly mount! The backup itself finishes successfully & without errors. I’m ready to send all necessary logs & configuration files.
    The second question is about the second Dell PowerEdge 2950 server: Windows 2003 R2 SP2 + SQL 2000 + all latest service packs & updates & also with Perform full VSS backup feature enabled. How should I do it correctly?
    Our restore plan after a server physically goes down is:
Instead of bad HDDs we put in the good & empty ones.
Boot from Symantec System Recovery bootable cd(is there smth like that,yes?) & mount Symantec images from external hdd.
Restore to empty HDDs (is it possible even without raid drivers?)
Reboot
Start operating system & work as never happened :)
Is it possible or everything is much more complicated?
    Also we bought Backup Exec 12.5. Is it more suitable for our situation? What’s the difference between it & Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 8.5?
    And the last one: it's more comfortable for me to talk to support by e-mails. Can you tell me the adress in Russia, as support@symantec.ru doesn't work fro some reason :(

Best regards,
Valery
0 REPLIES 0