cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Backup Exec

Srikanth_Subra
Level 4

Hi,

We are having license for the symantec backup exec 2010 desktop edition..I tried its working fine..but how i want to deploy to all the systems? then whether it has any compression setting? if any body knows about this guide me?

Regards,

Srikanth.

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Are you talking about Backup Exec or Backup Exec System Recovery?  These are 2 different products.  I believe you are talking about the latter.  Can you confirm?

Srikanth_Subra
Level 4

Ya the second one only..

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I am moving this discussion to the correct forum.

Srikanth_Subra
Level 4

Ok Thanks..

criley
Employee Accredited

but how i want to deploy to all the systems?

How many client machines do you have? If more than 20, you should look at using the management solution. You can use that to push out licenses via a license policy.

then whether it has any compression setting?

I really don't understand what you are asking here - please elaborate.

Srikanth_Subra
Level 4

hence for installing to multiple clients we need to use the management solution..

we are having 800+ licenses and we are planning to deploy about 500 client machines..

compression setting means, the data collected from the client machines will be stored in the actual size or it will be compressed? i.e if one system is having 10 GB of data wehether it will store it as 10 GB or 5 Gb as compressed?

criley
Employee Accredited

For that size environment, you should be looking at the management solution.

By default, backups will use standard compression so they will be stored as compressed. As an example, my laptop has a 110GB drive with 12GB free. The full backup (using standard compression) is 40GB.

Hope that helps.

Srikanth_Subra
Level 4

hi,

so we will try for the installation and will let you know..then another doubt..if i use the management solution for deployment..what will be the size of the clinet agent??

thanks for the query..kindly sort out this one also..