cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Sys Rec 2010 Virtual Edition

PNSL
Level 2
Partner

Im getting a few problems with automatic jobs running on system recovery 2010 virtual edition (for esx 4)

Ive installed System recovery onto my vsphere vcenter server, attached and shared external USBs drives

Installed on VM’s: with a domain admin level account

When run it on schedule it errors on:

“Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of (C:\), DATA (E:\), Logs (F:\), TMP (G:\), Documents (H:\).

Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file.

Error EBAB03F1: The handle is invalid.

Error E7D10046: Unable to set file size.

Error EBAB03F1: The handle is invalid. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

Details:

Source: Backup Exec System Recovery”

Or

“Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of (C:\).

Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file.

Error EBAB03F1: An unexpected network error occurred.

Error E7D10046: Unable to set file size.

Error EBAB03F1: An unexpected network error occurred. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

Details:

Source: Backup Exec System Recovery”

If I start a manual system recovery job it works ??

7 REPLIES 7

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

"system recovery 2010 virtual edition (for esx 4)" -- can you clarify what this is?

PNSL
Level 2
Partner

its symantec system recovery virtual edition which is running on a vmware vsphere vcenter 4 server (windows 2008sp2 ) and I need protect 2 x ESX hosts running ESX vsphere 4 enterprise edition. Each host has up to 10 virtual machines (all windows)

criley
Employee Accredited

So the problem is only with scheduled jobs? Is it 100% consistent? In other words, does every single scheduled job fail and does every manual job work?

Also, please confirm the build of 2010 you are using (check in Help/About). Is it 9.0.0, 9.0.1 or 9.0.2?

PNSL
Level 2
Partner

hi, the build number is

Originally it worked maybe 1 time out of 4. Now it never works unless a manual backup is ran.

criley
Employee Accredited

The errors suggest a network error of some kind but that does not explain why manual backups work. Strange.

I would suggest you update to 9.0.2 (using LiveUpdate or download through: https://fileconnect.symantec.com/).

If that does not help, I would suggest you open a case with support.

PNSL
Level 2
Partner

Installed 9.0.2 and same issue.

unfortunately the product is still in evaluation mode as we dont want to purchase it if it doesnt work as required. Therfore we cant log a call with support.

teiva-boy
Level 6

Can you try and throttle the backup job over the network?  Say limit it to 75% of your bandwidth?  

Just a thought that perhaps some sort of network over subscription in the guest side, or physical translation is causing the issue and intentionally reducing the speed can show that.

Out side of that, you are using the latest vmware tools in the guest?  Or going to 4.1 and the latest tools?