cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2011 & BE 10d on Windows 2003 with NAS

mistong
Level 2

Hi All,

I am looking for some configuration help in pointing me towards some configuration examples / documents for following situation.

We have a Windows 2003 server with SYS 2011 installed on it. That is running exchange / SQL / FPS

We have a NAS box attached to the network. Bufalo terastation.

We have Backup exec 10d installed on this box also.

We have a 2003 server in a remote location with plenty of storage.

We have some of the company data stored on the NAS and some stored on the 2003 FPS.

We want to save an image of our system to the NAS box and there is no problem here.

We also want to save an image onto the server in the remote site and then do incremental updates to the image and we a re looking for some advice here.

Also looking for some advice on backing up the information that is currently on the NAS box to our remote site. Should we do tis with SYS 2011 or BE 10d.

2 REPLIES 2

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I think its best to use the offiste copy feature in this case with SSR 2011: Let the NAS device be you main backup location an the remote server the offsite copy location.

Regarding the backup of the NAs device maybe BE 10 can do this, SSR 2011 can only backup locally attached disks when using image based backup. But if you dare you could "Net use" the NAS device and use a file and folder backup to backup the content of the NAS device with SSR 2011.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you had a chance to try ?