cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2011 Installation hangs at end-need help!!

insaf_mohd
Level 3

Hello,

I am trying to install Symantec System Recovery 10.0.1.41704 on Windos 7 Ultimate X86 client.  The installation did not colmplete and it remained stuck like this for an indefinite time. I force closed it and found that .Net Framework was missing on this system, so donwloaded and installed the latest 4.5 version, rebooted and retried the installation.   The result is the same, it remains stuck when it reaches here...

How to clean the corruptions and do a clean installtion well?  100s of other clients had no problem installing this SSR version.

4 REPLIES 4

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Hello Insaf, Are you trying to upgrade from BESR 2010 or is it a fresh install for SSR 2011. Try this : If the installation program does not run, type the following command at a command prompt:. :\browser.exe where is the drive letter of your media drive.

insaf_mohd
Level 3

Hello Tripti,

It's a fresh install and not an upgrade. I tried the above and it pops up the installation wizard just like I double click it, it has no prob to run but the installation gets stuck at that point :( That's the problem..it stays for an indefinite periode then I just force close it.  Apart from .net framework what else can be a prerequisite? The H/W is pretty good though.

I tried 10.0.1, 10.0.2 and 10.0.3 all the same :p

insaf_mohd
Level 3

This is the error I got after long waiting on the stuck wizard

Any clues?

Abhishek_Sen
Level 2
Employee Accredited

Try the below article to resolve the issue

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159544