Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2011 Management Solution

upg3
Level 3
Partner

hi,

In SSR Software Compatibility List (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH157280&actp=search&viewlocale=en_...), Symantec System Recovery 2011 Management Solution is mentioned as a separate product.

what is it and functionality?

by any chance is this referring to Central Management console for SSR? (if yes, I was in impression SSR Desktop 2011 has central management cosole feature default its not a separate option)

This same doc.... says "Symantec System Recovery 2011 Granular Restore, included with SSR"

but "Included with SSR Server and SBS Editions only. GRO is not included with Desktop or Linux Editions."

Does this GRO feature in SSR Server and SBS Edition allows file level management in Console also?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited

by any chance is this referring to Central Management console for SSR? (if yes, I was in impression SSR Desktop 2011 has central management cosole feature default its not a separate option)

Yes, it's the central management solution.

You can do some 'remote' management of clients using SSR Desktop but the management solution is there for larger environments (20 or more client machines). It's free by the way. More details here:

http://www.symantec.com/system-recovery-server-edition/agents-options-add-ons

Does this GRO feature in SSR Server and SBS Edition allows file level management in Console also?

GRO provides granular restore of files, Exchange data and SharePoint files.

Hope that helps.

upg3
Level 3
Partner

Hi Chris,

My client wanted to have file based as well as image based backup for hw failure protection of his Desktops...instead of proposing two different aps like DLO 7.0 and SSR 2011..which installs separately and management is also separate...do we have a single application which can solve both of this purposes?

Thanks.

criley
Employee Accredited

You can actually use SSR for both purposes.

With a full volume-level backup, you can still restore individual files/folders if required. Does this help?

maliks74
Not applicable

How can i change the password for Symantec Recovery managment solution . I have tried but cant sucess

There is one solution but its not works

"C:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\Bin\AeXConfig.exe /svcid user:(  ) password: ( )

ANy body know the correct command or steps to change the password.