cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2011 server vs desktop ???

CarruS
Level 2

Hello,

We plan to implement the desktop version to some smaller customer and thus I downloaded the trialware for testing purpose.

I am yet to find the difference between both except the HUGE price difference.

Is it possible both trialware share the same setup for evaluation purpose and a desktop version will only have limited available option once registered ?

thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

The only difference between the two products is that the desktop version is only for desktop OS and the server version for server OS. Full Stop.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

May I ask you to mark this post as solved ?

hkrpro
Level 2

I saw that Symantec System Recovery 2011 Server and Desktop Edition, both have a same setup file abount 326 mb as trialware downlaod.

My point is,

1. >> If we install the product and register, licensing as Destop Edition, some features of server edition are removed from the products.

2. >> if we install the product and regsider, licensing as Server Edition, Server freatues are activated which are not available as desktop edition.

Can you tell me that above statements are correct or incorrect?

Reply Please

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Afaik nothing is removed, just disabled. If you'd enter the other license the feature would be re-enabled.

criley
Employee Accredited

You can only use a desktop license on a desktop operating system. A server license will work on a server and a desktop operating system.

What features are you referring to??

hkrpro
Level 2

If you server edition and desktop edition have huge prise difference about 800USD.

Both have same setup: 326mb

if i download and install desktop edition as trialware and register and licence the software as server edition

would i use the same desktop edition setup for server edition because they have same setup as 326.08MB

it is possible.

criley
Employee Accredited

Yes, the source files/media are the same for desktop and server edition.

hkrpro
Level 2

Thanks, Now there is no issue.

I tried Desktop edition, it is cool and handy than i think. thanks a lot.