Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2011

kh_leong
Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

i have 5 windows 2008 R2 server and 1 Rehat Enterprise 6.2 server. I have installed symantec system recovery 2011 intot windows backup server and push the agent to the rest of the server. It run without any problem.

My probem is i when i want to push agent to Redhat Enterprise. It give me the error something like the environment issue so it can not push.

May i know how to push agent to Redhat and manage by System Recovery 2011. Do i need to install Symantec system recovery Linux Edition? If i install Linux Edition will it still can manage by system recovery 2011 ( backup server)?

Any solution so i can push agent to Redhat and backup server can manage all the system recovery server with agent install.

Do i really need system recovery management since my total server is not more than 20 servers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

If you need to manage both Windows and Linux clients, you only have one option:

SSR Management Solution

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited

You cannot push/manage a Linux server using SSR for Windows. This can only be done using the management solution.

However, if you only have 1 Linux server, why not just do a local install of SSR for Linux?

kh_leong
Level 2

I want it to centerlize manage by under one server with management console.

Wha t you mean i need to install System Recovery 2011 management solution in to windows server and only can manage Linux client?

I can do a Local install of SSR for Linux but will it be manage by System Recovery 2011 or it will be seperate? Windows Edition only manage windows client. Linux Edition only manage Linux client?

criley
Employee Accredited

If you need to manage both Windows and Linux clients, you only have one option:

SSR Management Solution

kh_leong
Level 2

Hi

I'm try to install Management Solution but it fail when install ASP.Net SP3. Any idea on this?

Thanks