cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Desktop download.

Brockes
Level 3

Veritas support gave me a new license number to activate the program Symantec System Recovery 2013 Desktop that I bought from Symantec in 2013 and is running fine in Windows 10.

But to make this activation I need to download Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Desktop.

Can someone here point me a link to download this file?

6 REPLIES 6

criley
Employee Accredited

@Brockes

You cannot use a 2013 license with 2013 R2.... unless I have misunderstood you here?

@criley

I had a perpetual license number for Symantec System Recovery 2013, but it stopped working when I moved the program from Windows 7 to Windows 10, so Veritas support gave me a perpetual license number for Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 after a lenghty phone conversation.

All I need now is to download Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 install executable files, but I can not finding them on this site.

Can you help me pointing the download link?

Smiley Frustrated

criley
Employee Accredited

@Brockes

On our support site, we only provide updates (i.e. service packs) - you cannot get a full build of the product.

We provide the full build of the product via our support portal (top-right corner here https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US.html).

If you do not see the download in the portal, you will need to speak to our Customer Care team (https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/contact-us.html).

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Brockes 

You need an Entitlement ID that is assigned to your email address. 

Use this email address to register or login on VEMS :
https://vems.community.veritas.com/vems/login

You will see your Entitlement(s) on the left. On the right, you will see Download and License key icons:EntitlementDownload.JPG

When you click on the license key icon, you should see all available versions (Incl 2013 R2 - listed as 11.1). 

The Download Icon will default to version 18. 
Click the 'X' next to Product Version to display all versions.

@Marianne ; @criley
Very frustrating to read you both.

I contacted support yesterday, opened a new case (181205-000255), talked with Nirjan Ray. He could not provide me with the download link.

Veritas support looks like the labyrinth built by Daedalus and I feel as Theseus must have felt inside it.

If I can not download the complete Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Desktop installation file, then I can not use my license key.

However, when I bought it from Symantec in 2013, they said it was a perpetual license.

Therefore, Veritas is behaving dishonestly because even SSR 2013 11.0.2.49853 is working fine in Windows 10 1803 to build backups and restores inside the evaluation period, it just does not accept my original license key that I received from Symantec nor the new key that Veritas assigned to me. So there is no software incompatibility problem, there is a problem of Veritas incompatibility with the user.

Veritas changed my original license number recognizing my right to SSR 2013 R2, but hides the installation file and without the installation file I can not exercise my right.

Now let me portrait my situation to you: I am 55 years old, I suffer from severe liver disease caused by a blood transfusion contaminated by HCV received after a cardiac surgery made when I was 15 years old, in 2015 HCV was cleared of my body by Sovaldi & Daklinza, but at that time my liver already was very weak and today I am in the liver transplant queue, my platelet count is between 30,000 and 45,000 all the time, I suffer of severe lack of energy to my daily activities (glicogen processing very low by the liver), my current MELD index is 17, English isn't my native language, it has beeing extremely frustrating and tiring for me to deal with this dishonesty of the Veritas corporation, which appears seeks to cancel by oblique ways a legitimate perpetual license.

As if that were not enough, Veritas refused to sell me a single license of System Recovery 18 to my desktop computer as if I were a mere commoner unworthy of that precious license. That is not all, Veritas refused to sell me the support service to my SSR 2013 R2 license. Does Veritas thinks she's the sexy queen of the Universe?

Yesterday I thought about giving up claiming this license and uninstall SSR 2013, I even bought a license from Paragon Hard Disk Manager to start an evaluation of some backup software to find one that can read *.v2i files of the excellent product Drive Image from Powerquest Corporation architected by Eric J. Ruff ( https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericjruff ) that I was a user in 90's and that became the basis for Norton Ghost and Symantec System Recovery, but then I thought: I have many old *.v2i files that I can use to make granular restores and if I give up I will be contributing to make the software industry worse to users, so I decided to come back here to claim my right.

Maybe this does not interest you, but I already had a smartphone with Windows Mobile 6, today I have an Android phone and the reason for this definitive exchange was the lack of honest support to the user from Microsoft because in 2010 they closed Windows Marketplace for Mobile and created a separate app store named Windows Phone Store making Windows Mobile 6 apps not compatible with Windows Phone 7, probably wanting to sell more phones, but unfortunately the plan backfired because today Android sells millions of cell phones and sales of Windows Phones are a joke. Veritas conduct in my case is very similar.

So will you give me an easy solution (show me the SSR 2013 R2 Desktop complete install file link now) to solve this problem of Veritas incompability with the user or will continue obligating me to explore this complex labirinth searching for the saint graal of excellent Powerquest Drive Image 'makuped' as Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2?

Brockes
Level 3

Ridiculous support!

They e-mail me telling that I could buy a new support contract, but don't told me where or how (where I can pass my credit card).

They told me that Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 full install file was destroyed or isn't available.

They told me if I do not answer in few hours the case would be considered resolved! Me, in liver transplant queue condition, give a rapid answer... It seems like a joke. Learn: all in the life of a man without liver happens in slow motion!

Detail: I paid to Symantec for 1 year support when I bought SSR 2013 perpetual license, but I never requested support from Symantec because the software don't showed tech problems. The first problem was stop to accept my license code on install when I made new formats by overclock problems after moved it from a notebook computer to a desktop computer. All software companys in that this occurred, including Microsoft, gave me an rapid solution for this, Veritas not.

Grrr...