cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2: Error EBAB03F1

boomeo
Level 2

Hi all,

I'm evaluating Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2; when I try to get a "One Time Backup" I receive the following error on screen:

-Snapshot error %1.
--Error EBAB03F1: Following Operating System error occurred while performing requested operation: 'OS error 2147754996.'

(UMI:V-281-187-181)

And this via email:

Description: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of Riservato per il sistema (*:\), DISK_C (C:\), DISK_D (D:\), DISK_E (E:\).

Error E0BB00B5: Snapshot error Error EBAB03F1: Following Operating System error occurred while performing requested operation: 'OS error 2147754996.'.

Details: 0xE0BB00B5

I tried to reboot but the same error; I deeply checked the hard disk using the manufacturer's utility but no error on the disk.

The error occurs at the end of the process (after about 4 hours).

Any suggestion?

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Try this one: https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH176836.html

CQ
Level 5

I don't believe TECH176836 is applicable to SSR 2013 R2.  It appears to be for older versions of SSR.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

But is worth a try.

boomeo
Level 2
I tried: the command "vssadmin list providers" does not list the "Symantec Symsnap VSS Provider", but there is no "vssproviderinstall.exe" nor a "SymsnapProvider*.dll" on my install. Any help? Thank you

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Try this one: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/97ce7c3e-2f7d-4ae8-9d0f-b540ce0e2d4f/backup-fails-with-error-0x81000019

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you tried yet?

boomeo
Level 2

Hi Markus, I just tried the accepted solution, but I did receive some errors while trying to execute the regsvr32 commands: any suggestion?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

What errors exactly did you receive?