cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Questions

gardis
Level 4

Hi friends!
I have 3 questions about Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2.

Many thanks for your help!

1. Monday to Sunday (except Tuesday) I make a "Schedule backup" at 12:10. Tuesdays I do a "Recovery Point Base" at 12:10. If I miss Tuesday's Base and want to make it in retrospect, do I have to go into the "Backup Wizard" and change the date and time every time?

2. If I miss a "Recovery Point Base" on Tuesdays and start the computer the day after, then a popup asks if I want to run missed backups? If I press "yes" on Wednesday, still no "Recovery Point Base" is made - just an ordinary "Shedule". Is that right?

3. I uses Symatec System Recovery 2013 R2 with Windows 8.1 64. Should I really run backup on all disk volumes (see picture)?

Great and friendly thanks for the help!

// Johannes

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

If you miss a base point, the next backup will automatically run as base point, even it is schedulded to be in incremental. If you want to have full protection you'd better include all volumes.

View solution in original post

criley
Employee Accredited

1. Go to 'Run or Manage Backups', right-click on the backup job, then select 'Run Backup With Options' - from here you can choose 'New recovery point set' which means next backup will be a base (full).

2. I am fairly sure that if you miss a base, it will do an incremental on the next run, until the next base is scheduled.

3. When you select the system partition (usually C) for backup, SSR will auto-include all 'related' partitions that are required in order to successfully restore the operating system. Other 'data' partitions are optional - it's your choice on whether or not you need to protect these volumes.

gardis
Level 4

Hi Markus!

Thanks for your answer.

Are you shure about the "if you miss a base point, the next backup will automatically run as base point, even it is schedulded to be in incremental"?. If I take into account the time, it goes too fast to be a "Base".

Do you think I should have all the hidden disks for backup (see the picture)?

Kind regards:

//Johannes

5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

If you miss a base point, the next backup will automatically run as base point, even it is schedulded to be in incremental. If you want to have full protection you'd better include all volumes.

criley
Employee Accredited

1. Go to 'Run or Manage Backups', right-click on the backup job, then select 'Run Backup With Options' - from here you can choose 'New recovery point set' which means next backup will be a base (full).

2. I am fairly sure that if you miss a base, it will do an incremental on the next run, until the next base is scheduled.

3. When you select the system partition (usually C) for backup, SSR will auto-include all 'related' partitions that are required in order to successfully restore the operating system. Other 'data' partitions are optional - it's your choice on whether or not you need to protect these volumes.

gardis
Level 4

Hi Markus!

Thanks for your answer.

Are you shure about the "if you miss a base point, the next backup will automatically run as base point, even it is schedulded to be in incremental"?. If I take into account the time, it goes too fast to be a "Base".

Do you think I should have all the hidden disks for backup (see the picture)?

Kind regards:

//Johannes

gardis
Level 4

Hi Chris!

Thanks for your kind answer.

I have worked with both the old Symatec LiveState Recovery and the new Symantec System Recovery, and has four licenses.

I think sometimes that the choice of words is not consistent, for example, that a "new rovery Point Set" Is the same as "Base". Why dont only use the word "Base".

There are different words for the same thing, for example in the manual.

Maybe I'm wrong or not good enough....

// Johannes

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Anything still open here?