cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Recovery monitor not connecting with WIN10 Workstation

RebootNOW
Level 3

Hello I have one windows 10 machine that is running SSR 2013 R2 Version 11.1.6.56604. I am unable to monitor this particular machine. I have done the following steps and I still cannot get the computer to connect via the recovery monitor.

This article: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000021062

and lastly: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000070797

I have also disabled UAC, rebooted the computer and I still cannot get the recovery monitor to connect. I have 3 other workstations running windows 7 that do not have any problems.. just windows 10. I attempted to install the latest service pack but it said no valid products found. I am not sure what else I can do.

thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Markus in the first link you mention it states turn on file and print sharing. which actually is enabled. The firewall rules have been applied prior to posting on this forum. I will follow up again I am going to try modifying (Homegroup Connections)

Update: I even went as far as disabling the windows firewall. File and print sharing is turned on. Unless I read the instructions wrong and that has to be turned off.?

can a space be used in the username???. workstationname\user name ??? im running out of ideas why I cant get the recovery monitor to authenticate. unless windows 10 just doesnt work period.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm I'm not sure if a space can be used, but give it a shot.

One more thing: Try the IP address instead of the workstation name.

Hi Markus ive tried all that no dice.. so I will be forced to team viewer every single day and launch ssr and check the progress.. this really does suck.. the client cant really afford to format and go windows 7. pretty frustrating when recovery monitor doesnt work and also incremental backups dont work and it needs a special hotfix which i cant download. :(

criley
Employee Accredited

@RebootNOW

pretty frustrating when recovery monitor doesnt work and also incremental backups dont work and it needs a special hotfix which i cant download.

Perhaps open a support case for the issue with Monitor?

Which hotfix are you talking about?

Hi Criley this article https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000017970

I tried to hit create support case but nothing happens.

@criley wrote:

@RebootNOW

pretty frustrating when recovery monitor doesnt work and also incremental backups dont work and it needs a special hotfix which i cant download.

Perhaps open a support case for the issue with Monitor?

Which hotfix are you talking about?

criley
Employee Accredited

@RebootNOW

That article is old and for an older version of the product so not really relevant here.

Questions:

• What is the exact error you are seeing?
  • Which partition is causing the error?