cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery - Best place to restore image from?

Chris_HHL
Level 0

Hi,

Symantec System Recobery 2013: I want to know what is recommended for the best place to save/restore an image from?  I tried saving the image to the network, but when I boot from CD it can't access the domain to get the image. What is recommended?

Thanks,

-Chris

2 REPLIES 2

criley
Employee Accredited

What you are doing should work. Obviously you need to get the NIC working and provide the relevant login credentials.

Basically any disk based location should work - whether it be network or local.

MommaMo
Level 2

I am testing a system restore in for SSR2013.  I am using the .iso file from Symantec (with added drivers needed in my env.)  After the server boots on the .iso, I add the ip info.  I am able to ping servers as well as the network share that holds the image file (*.v2i).  I can map to the root of the share.  But....   In the Recovery Wizard, on the page "Select a Recovery Point to Restore"  I click on browse.  I can see the network share but it did not open the directory that holds the .v2i file.  I copied the .v2i file to the root of the network share.  Started the recovery process from the beginning.  Mapped to the network share and the wizard still isn't seeing the *v2i files. 

Any suggestions?