cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Recovery console client status is incorrect

hms2004
Level 2

I recently deployed Symantec System Recovery 2011 in our network to take advantage of the quick backup and recovery for physical servers.  My problem is that on one of my clients, I installed the SSR 2011 license, but even though the client says it's licensed, the management server still says that the license is expired and it won't run a backup from the policy.  It runs fine if I manually initiate the backup.  I tried updating the client and checked that the client did receive updates from the server early this morning.  I'm not sure how to fix this issue. 

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

If you are using the management solution, you should be using a license policy rather than licensing directly on the client itself.

Is the Symantec Management Agent on the client machine actually communicating with the management server?

hms2004
Level 2

Yes, using the license policy and yes the mangement agent on the client machine is communicating w/ the server.  The fact that the status won't update is a mystery to me.  Should I uninstall and re-deploy the client?

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you force an update via the client to see if this helps? Click on the update button on the Symantec Management Agent and then wait a few mins...