Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec System Restore - not a valid recovery point

normanski
Level 3

All

Can you please assist

Systsem Recovery 2011 (10.0.1.41704) Small Business Server Edition

When trying to create a recovery point for my SBS 2003, it fails with the following details

-------

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of (C:\), (D:\),

Error ED800001: \\Servername\C_Drive001.v2i is corrupt, because its size is not a valid recovery point size. (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

Details:
Source: Symantec System Recovery

------

I have installed and tested on other servers all ok, but no joy this time

Thanks

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

normanski
Level 3

Hi

Issue Resolved

When i initially scheduled the job to create a recovery point, i received the error

So I manually ran recovery point for just C:\ and all ok

Then set the schedule to to run again for C:\ & D:\ and it was successful

Not 100% if my actions made any differnet but thought i would update my findings

Thanks for the comments

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you tried running a new full backup ? There might be a problem with an incremental backup (similar to http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH60275)

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you try a different backup destination?

If you have enough space, try backing up C to D and then D to C (as a test) to see if this works.

If this still fails, I would recommend updating to 2011 SP3 (10.0.3) which will require a reboot. Then try backup again.

normanski
Level 3

Hi

Issue Resolved

When i initially scheduled the job to create a recovery point, i received the error

So I manually ran recovery point for just C:\ and all ok

Then set the schedule to to run again for C:\ & D:\ and it was successful

Not 100% if my actions made any differnet but thought i would update my findings

Thanks for the comments