cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symatec System Recovery 2013 R2 Crashes

seekingsupport
Level 3

I am running a trial of Symatec System Recovery 2013 R2.

I want to try a restore of a whole image but it seems I need to create a recovery disk.  I want to try the disk recovery feature but it fails, either nothing happens when I press the option or I get:

tmp402C.png

The program seems really buggy, crahes a lot and obtaining support via the official channels is a real nightmare (i.e. nothing so far), thus I would like to make sure that the software works before I buy.

Also, will I be able to use the recovery disk on a trial license?

25 REPLIES 25

seekingsupport
Level 3

I got to the step in the wizard where the item is greyed, then I pressed Cancel to get to the Utilities screen - let me know if something is else required.

I will send log by email

I also got the message "No boot.init files were found" when generating this file.

criley
Employee Accredited

Thanks for the logs. Will come back to you once we have reviewed these.

You were going to confirm the version of Ghost you had installed... any update on this please?

criley
Employee Accredited

OK, think I have spotted the problem with the v2i file you are trying to restore.

It seems this particular v2i was created using Norton Ghost v15. I think that is the reason why the restore anyware option is greyed out.

seekingsupport
Level 3

Thank you for the update.  I am told that the v2i was created with Symantec System Recovery Desktop 2013 - is this correct?

criley
Employee Accredited

I am told that the v2i was created with Symantec System Recovery Desktop 2013

Where are you seeing this?

When I open the recovery point using the recovery point browser, it clearly shows it was created using Ghost.

seekingsupport
Level 3

OK - thank you very much.  I really appreciate all of your help here.  I need to go back to my customer and find out what has happened here.