Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 18 SP1 testing backup and recovery to Azure Cloud Storage

mk128935
Level 5
Employee
Hi,
I received an inquiry from a customer testing Veritas System Recovery 18 SP1 backup and recovery directly to/from Azure cloud storage with the trial license. They were able to do the following with the backup:

They can use “OpenStorage file download” to download the backup file and mount it to their server and restore their folder
A drive can be restored as long as they use an Independent recovery point
But they say they cannot do the following:

1. Restore using Recovery Point Browser
2. Drive recovery from a Recovery Point Set backup
Is this a limitation of System Recovery? I checked various documentation but it doesn’t mention anything about this.
Is only an Independent Recovery Point supported and if they want to use the Recovery Point Set and say they want to restore from an incremental backup, they should use the “OpenStorage file download”?
I appreciate the feedback to this.
Also, any hint, advice in doing backup and restore to Azure with System Recovery would be appreciated.
Thanks again
3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

@mk128935

But they say they cannot do the following:

1. Restore using Recovery Point Browser
  2. Drive recovery from a Recovery Point Set backup

Not sure what you mean by #2?

You should be able to restore from cloud storage using the Recovery Point Browser. Are you saying that they don't see the option for OpenStorage when opening a recovery point using the browser?

mk128935
Level 5
Employee
I’ll find out more but I don’t think we have any restriction regarding restoring a recovery point set from Azure cloud do we?

criley
Employee Accredited

@mk128935

Not that I can think of, no.

OK, let me know once you have some more specific details then.