cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 18 Virtual Edition and the hypervisor used

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

As you know, the System Recovery Virtual Edition license includes unlimited number of installations of Server or Desktop Editions in a Windows guest operating system on a ‘per host basis’. The question I have is does it matter what hyper-visor host you use? For instance, can I use a Nutanix AHV and get the same benefit? The license guide isn't clear about this so I appreciate the clarification.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found the description in the attached license guide (page 4). I think you're right, only VMware and Hyper-v is supported so for other hypervisors, I believe they'll have to buy licenses for each VM just like for a physical machine.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

criley
Employee Accredited

@mk128935

I believe that it only applies to VMware ESXi and Hyper-V hosts.

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Thanks. But is there anything to back this statement? I don't see anywhere where it says only VMware and Hyper-v...

criley
Employee Accredited

@mk128935

You are right, we don't appear to mention this anywhere.... it should probably be mentioned in the licensing guide.

Let me try and clarify this and see if the licensing guide can be updated with this information. I'll come back to you on this.

mk128935
Level 5
Employee

Yes, I'd appreciate it. Because this customer thinks it's more cost efficient if they just purchase the Virtual Edition and deploy a bunch Desktop editions on the VMs instead of purchasing individual licenses for each VMs which is understandable. But I have nothing to back this up...

I found the description in the attached license guide (page 4). I think you're right, only VMware and Hyper-v is supported so for other hypervisors, I believe they'll have to buy licenses for each VM just like for a physical machine.

criley
Employee Accredited

@mk128935

Ah yes, I missed that. So that confirms it then.