cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 2010 Desktop keeps losing smtp settings for notification.

bowen2011
Level 4

Hi there,

I have all my email notifications routed to seperate folders in outlook so I can quickly check on my clients to make sure their backups have succeeded. I have observed on quite a few different clients that emails will suddenely stop. When I log into the machine check the settings all the parameters under notifications --> SMTP EMail have vanished.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Do you use a BESR M/MS or unmanaged clients ?

bowen2011
Level 4

In this situation its just standalone version of BESR 2010 desktop running on individual machines.

criley
Employee Accredited

What version/build (check in Help/About) of BESR are these clients running?

If you add the email settings back in, how long before they disappear again?

bowen2011
Level 4

They should all be on 9.0.2.37914. I've just run live update manually to ensure there are no oustanding updates and this is the current version.

It seems to vary randomly accross clients - on some days, other weeks and still others it seems to retain them.

Cheers.

bowen2011
Level 4

Hi  again,

Has anyone had any more thoughts on this? Its still happening seemingly randomly on a significant proportion of client machines. All have been set up the same, use the same kind of email settings, are loosely similar in hardware terms and are running the same version of Windows (XP) and Symantec Backup recovery desktop. I would be surprised if this wasn't a recognised issue given the amount I have experienced it.

Cheers,

James.

criley
Employee Accredited

James,

I will see if I can reproduce this here. Leave it with me...

bowen2011
Level 4

many thanks...

criley
Employee Accredited

So far, I have not been able to reproduce this issue.

I wonder if you are seeing any service crashes that could be causing this? Can you check in the event logs to see if you are seeing any crashes in the Backup Exec System Recovery service (VProSvc).

Jackrabbit_com
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Just saw this thread. These are the exact symptoms we're seeing Chris. Some machines hold the settings, some don't, and it's very intermittent. But we're only having the problem on SSR 2011, not on any of our BESR 2010 clients.

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/ssr-2011-loses-smtp-e-mail-notification-settings