cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 2010 - How to use to restore to new drives after drive failure

Bigsky
Level 3

Server SBS2008 had a RAID 10 configuration using the Intel mainboard interface. 2 drives failed and will no longer boot.  We have good backups.

We are installing a LSI 9211-4i RAID controller and 4 new sata 2TB hard drives in this server (RAID 10). I will need to use the 2010 system recovery disk to restore. I am assuming I will have to load the LSI driver in the beginning.  I have never used the recovery cd before. 

What do I have to do to restore the drive.   I appreciate your help.

THank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

last incremental and the SW will take care.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have a look here, the basic principles also hold true for BESR 2010: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-restore-data-symantec-system-recovery-disk-2013

Bigsky
Level 3

I also found a video. If I understand this correctly I do not want a "custome" system recovery disk" created from 2010. I actually want the download of a 2011 system recovery cd file.   When I went out under my license (I have the same backup software) I did not see a file to download that was just the system recovery cd.

Thank you

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you have the BESR 2010 recovery CD, that will work.Boot the system with that disk, and once in the interface, manually load the drivers for your controller. You will need the drivers for Windows 8 or Vista to load in the recovery environment. Once the drivers are loaded, you should be able to see the array. 

Bigsky
Level 3

Quick question:   The recovery process states to use the most current backup........does that mean full back up or last incremental back up and the backup sw will take care of it properly..............

Thanks

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

last incremental and the SW will take care.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any questions still open here ?