cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 2010 SRD

SteliosKotsifos
Level 3

Hello,

we have an SBS 2011 Standard Server, with Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 installed.

We have setup System Recovery to save restore point on a NAS.

We don't have the System Recovery Disk.

From the following post

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/System-Recovery/SSR-2011-Symantec-System-Recovery-Disk-ISO-download/m-p/8...

my understanding is that it's a very old version so there isn't a way to get the ISO.

If i get the latest version, trial, will I be able to create a recovery disk?

And if I do, will I be able to use the recovery points created from our 2010 System Recovery?

Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

@SteliosKotsifos 

Yes, you can download/install a trial version of VSR 18 and then create a recovery disk.

You *should* be able to restore older recovery points using this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited

@SteliosKotsifos 

Yes, you can download/install a trial version of VSR 18 and then create a recovery disk.

You *should* be able to restore older recovery points using this.

@criley 

Thank you for your reply.

Can you tell me if there is going to be a problem if I run the installation for VSR 18 on the same system that System Recovery 2010 is installed?

Am I going to run into conflicts or will I be able to install the trial version, create a recovery disk and then uninstall VSR 18?

criley
Employee Accredited

@SteliosKotsifos 

You cannot upgrade from 2010 to VSR 18 I'm afraid. You would have to uninstall 2010, reboot, install VSR 18, then reboot again. Not ideal I know ..

The alternative, and probably easier option, is to install a trial of VSR 18 on another machine, then create the SRD there.

@criley 

OK, thank you very much!

I will try that.