cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 2011 - Copy My Hard drive (disc-to-disc)

RodneyC
Level 4

Are the anymore instructions on the feature Copy My Hard drive for Symantec System Recovery 2011?

I'm attempting to do an SBS 2003 server with 3 partitions to bigger drive to extend the c:.I know if I copy C: first I can tick the box to resize, will that take up all the remaing space though to the other two partitions or shall I start with the other two and do c: last?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RodneyC
Level 4

Installed new drives (raid 1).

Copied SBS 2k3 - D partition, to new unallocated space.

then

Copied SBS 2k3 - C partition to remaining unallocated space, selected resize to allocate remaining space and increase original partition, copied mbr over and marked as OS.

Once rebooted D changed to F, had to change back to D, rebooted and had to re-share folders, permissions appeared to be in-tact.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I'd give C the first shot.

RodneyC
Level 4

Surely that will take up the whole drive so there won't be any unallocated space for the remaining partitions?

(I'm currently building a virtual server to test a few different senarios)

RodneyC
Level 4

Installed new drives (raid 1).

Copied SBS 2k3 - D partition, to new unallocated space.

then

Copied SBS 2k3 - C partition to remaining unallocated space, selected resize to allocate remaining space and increase original partition, copied mbr over and marked as OS.

Once rebooted D changed to F, had to change back to D, rebooted and had to re-share folders, permissions appeared to be in-tact.