cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 2011 Desktop Edition

Digerati
Level 4
Hi All, We are planning to purchase and deploy System recovery 2011 for our large desktop based users (windows xp and 7) 32 and 64 bit. Q.1 Can we push agent and then manage all our desktops (1000-1500) centrally from a windows server with Symantec management solution installed ? Q.2 What we will install on client ? The whole application or just the agent pushed via the management server? Can the management server be 32 or 64bit ? Q.3 We also plan to purchase and deploy endpoint protection, can both of these products be managed via a single console or different management servers for both? What is SEPM server ... I came across via some tech notes on Symantec. Q.4 we will have a separate SQL server and a separate management server for desktop recovery ... Any other recommendations or tips you may have in order to avoid any surprises or performance issues will be really helpful. Thanks for reading Will look forward to your reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Q1: Absolutely

Q2: it depends what you want to install on the client: Agent+GUI or agent only. You can configure the SSR MS accordingly. See page 29 of the admin guide for the supported OS. -->http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH75692

Q3:Uh I'm not the SEP expert but I should think there is unfortunately a separate management server for this. But I might be wrong.

Q4: Sounds like a good plan, we use this configuration too.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Q1: Absolutely

Q2: it depends what you want to install on the client: Agent+GUI or agent only. You can configure the SSR MS accordingly. See page 29 of the admin guide for the supported OS. -->http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH75692

Q3:Uh I'm not the SEP expert but I should think there is unfortunately a separate management server for this. But I might be wrong.

Q4: Sounds like a good plan, we use this configuration too.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Anything still unclear  ?

Digerati
Level 4

Hi Markus,

Thank you for your replies - very helpful, I am going to ask a few more questions along the same lines :) and will be grateful if you could have a look at them too, just unwell at the moment hence not much brain-cells to ask properly :)

Most grateful for your assistance on this !!

be back on Monday with my quesiton 

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you made up your questions ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any thing unclear - if not please mark this post as solved then.