cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 2013 R2 Management Solution Upgrade to VSR 16

EttinH
Level 3

Hello,

We currently have SSR 2013 R2 Management Solution in place which manages quite a few systems for our organization.  We wish to upgrade to VSR 2016, however I'm receiving conflicting information.  The admin guide states that the upgrade should be completed via Symantec Installation Manager.  However, I have no product updates available.  Support rep who didn't really sound like he knew much about the process and seemed unsure of his responses suggested that the upgrade must be done by installing VSR 2016 over our existing installation.  Based on my conversation and the tone of uncertainty, I'm not comfortable with following his directions at this time.

Has anyone performed this upgrade that could assist on which path to follow?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TeleFragger
Level 5

we have done this in our DEV environment. What you need to do is DL the VSR 16 file (ours was VSR_Management_Solution_16.0.0_55886) and inside there you will see Veritas_SSR.en.pl-lang.xml

you then need to tell SIM to use that file...
so in SIM click Settings

click Change product listings

add path and hit ok

then it will be there under install new products

vsr1.jpgvsr2.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TeleFragger
Level 5

we have done this in our DEV environment. What you need to do is DL the VSR 16 file (ours was VSR_Management_Solution_16.0.0_55886) and inside there you will see Veritas_SSR.en.pl-lang.xml

you then need to tell SIM to use that file...
so in SIM click Settings

click Change product listings

add path and hit ok

then it will be there under install new products

vsr1.jpgvsr2.jpg

Thank you very much.  This did the trick.  Now we're facing issues where storage destinations are unreachable due to incorrect password.  However, I have verified that the password is in fact correct.  I will open another thread on this issue.