cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Recovery 2013 R2 - Schedule Automatic Restore

IT_Chick
Level 2

Hello,

My company is trying to implement an effective offsite disaster recovery plan. I currently have Symantec System Recover 2013 R2 for use in backing up our existing servers. We have created virtual instances of all of our physical servers that are going to an offsite location for disaster recovery. What I would like to implement is having the incremental backups of our physical onsite servers performed each night and copied to the offsite location, and then those backups automatically restored to the virtual servers so the information on them remains as current as possible. I know how to schedule the backup tasks, but is there a way to schedule an automatic restore? Or perhaps commands that can be used with Windows Task Scheduler to implement this?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Do you use SSR MS?

criley
Employee Accredited

How about doing a scheduled phsyical to virtual conversion?

Page 254 of the User Guide: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC7717

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Please update!

IT_Chick
Level 2

I apologize for not replying. We are using Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Server Edition. I'm still working on implementing this project however I'm using the scheduled P2V instead of trying to perform incremental restores. Right now the P2V process has not been successful for all servers yet.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So is your original question answered?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Please update!

IT_Chick
Level 2

I currently have a support case with Veritas open. I'm waiting on them to figure out why one of the servers P2V conversion does not work.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

OK, I'll keep fingers crossed for you.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

How's the support case going?